The Skin Science & Physiology Course is a comprehensive and thorough 2-day course suitable to a professional post-graduate skin care practitioner. This course aims to provide a thorough understanding of the way normal skin behaves so that the therapist can effectively promote its health and also to address issues of dysfunction. This course is essential for anyone wishing to specialise in remedial skin care and advanced aesthetic skin treatments. This course will cover:
- The physiology of, and influences on, the keratinocyte life cycle
- Stem cells, cellular regeneration and differentiation
- Natural Moisturising Factor (NMF) and Trans Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL)
- The function and maintenance of the acid mantle and relationship to skin conditions
- The Dermal Epidermal Junction
- The pilo-sebaceous unit and the relevance of the changing composition of sebum
- The formation, maintenance and degradation of the Extra Cellular Matrix
- The classification, regeneration and remodelling of collagen
- Growth factors, cytokines and interleukins
- Melanognesis, the CGRP cascade and melanin transfer
Our skin science and physiology course is facilitated by one of our highly experienced tertiary qualified educators. Training manual and certificate upon successful completion.
This course can be delivered On-Site at your business premises or at our Training Facility in Melbourne.
Duration: 2 days. 9:30am – 3:30pm (30 min Lunch break)
Assessment: theoretical assessment.
Per student cost in our training facility: $650 (+ GST). Includes online pre-learning module.
Successfully complete this module and receive $100 off your next training.